Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's raining marriage certificates




Miriam Yeung and Real Ting's marriage certificate








Hong Kong actor-singer Andy Lau says he quietly got married but did not announce it because he wanted to protect his wife while they tried to have a baby.


 "Farewell My Concubine" director Chen Kaige, "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" star Zhang Ziyi and director John Woo were among the filmmakers honored at China's government-organized Huabiao film awards in Beijing.






Eric Tsang




Michael Tse



Turning Point cast attend benefit screening for typhoon relief fund. Eric Tsang rushed to Big Silly's hospital bedside when Alan Tam called him and told him his health had deteriorated.




Angie Chiu and husband, Melvin Wong





SCMP:  How to spend only $100 in Hong Kong

2 comments:

Rex Saigon said...

That "$100" video is depressing me, man! $100 HK is about $15 Canadian or $13 U.S. UnREAL!

I've always thought the prices in Toronto's various Chinatowns were fantastic for what you got, but now I'm not so sure! LOL Approximately $15 CDN would get me ONE bubble tea (same size as in the video), ONE bowl of hot pot (similar to the video), and maybe, MAYBE a couple of $1 fish ball skewers downtown.

Mind you, even that makes me a very happy boy, but when I realize how much [i]farther[/i] the same amount of money would go in Hong Kong, I seriously contemplate moving!

dleedlee said...

I got hungry just watching the video.

It was funny how the one girl was basically stuffing her mouth during the whole video, too. :)

And I wasn't even aware of 'Toy' street before!