Tuesday, September 6, 2011

9.6.2011 - News (飲水思源) [Roast Pork Sliced From A Rusty Cleaver]

THR: A Simple Life review
The Bottom Line
Overlong tale of a Hong Kong family’s ailing maid resists excessive sentimentality.
ScreenDaily: A Simple Life review (HKMDBNews-reprint)

CF: "1911" Gets Ready for Debut

http://yellowcranestower.blogspot.com
Lau Ching-Wan and wife, Amy Kwok, prepare to leave for Venice

Roast Pork Sliced From a Rusty Cleaver
Sammo Hung in Shanghai promoting My Kingdom

Wu Chun, Sammo, Han Geng, Liu Qian (Sina-gallery)

 Roast Pork Sliced From a Rusty Cleaver
Barbara Wong's Tears in a Fallen City wrapped up shooting in Shanghai


Shawn Dou Xiao

Joe Chen Qiao En, Shawn Dou Xiao

Joe Chen Qiao En
The film also stars Richie Ren, Gigi Leung and Aarif Lee with a Christmas release planned.

And, oh yeah, I've been pirated!






They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But this gypsy web site has been copying my posts whole cloth since at least December! [Removed links] Apologies, in advance, for the additional crap I'll be adding to the posts. 飲水思源





The crew of Ann Hui's A Simple Life have a toast at dinner in Venice.
Qin Hailu, Andy Lau, Deanie Ip, Don Yu Dong


A bevy of beauties attend the Hong Kong premiere of Wilson Chin's Lan Kwai Fong. 
I don't recognize one of them.

Roast Pork Sliced From a Rusty Cleaver

36 "behind the scenes" photos from Love in Space were released ahead of the Sept. 8 opening of the film. Love in Space opens in China, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, USA, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore and other countries.
Roast Pork Sliced From a Rusty Cleaver
Aaron Kwok, Rene Liu

Rene Liu

Eason Chan

Angelababy


Angelababy, Jing Boran
 
Guei Lun-Mei


Aaron Kwok
Angelababy and Jing Boran




The actress also revealed that she would not force herself to return to showbiz
Not one to rest on her laurels, the busy actress secretly went to Taipei last week to attend the costume fitting for her new movie Love.
http://yellowcranestower.blogspot.com/
(Sina-gallery)
Roast Pork Sliced From a Rusty Cleaver
The starlet’s fiancé let on that they will be skipping all traditional ceremonies in view of Selina’s inconveniences
"You are peeing at my car, stop it!"

Kelly Chen distributes mooncakes at a senior center in Aberdeen. 



Andy Lau kicks sand in my face

4 comments:

Walter said...

First, Did you see Sammo's video interview here?

Video: Kung fu legend Sammo Hung shows us his moves

Second, Yeah, those thieves who steal photos and articles from other people's websites and then take credit or don't ask for permission are the lowest of the lows. I had an aquarium website (the hosting company was sold and the new owners did not move my website) that got 1,000 visitors a month and I had posted some of the photos I took from visiting fish breeders and aquarium shops in Hong Kong and Singapore on there. I found out other people were taking those photos and claiming them as their own. When I pointed this out on my facebook, someone asked me, "what's the big deal?". I had to explain to him that flying from USA to Hong Kong isn't cheap nor was buying my digital SLR camera either! When I posted the videos I shot from my visit, I put a watermark on it. I think that stopped the thieves for now. If I ever setup the website again, I'm going to make a "hall of shame" section pointing out the thieves and watermark my photos. (sorry for the rant)

dleedlee said...

Thanks for the link!

It's a given that anything on the web isn't safe these days (I'm just saying). But the wholesale plundering without attribution is aggravating.

YTSL said...

Hi dleedlee --

Blog content theft is so annoying and frustrating. I empathize, not just sympathize, because I've had it down to my blog too.

The worst is when the offending blog clearly is doing so just to try make money as well as increase their traffic. Wish they would realize: You want to make money? Do some of your own work/writing/photography!

dleedlee said...

Oddly, the site above doesn't seem to have ads from what I can tell. More distressingly, there are plug-ins specifically designed to facilitate "auto-blogging" from feeds.

Yeah, I'm spending way too much time over this.