Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SCMP: Actress Yang Mi's singing career is no mystery [Roast Pork Sliced From A Rusty Cleaver] (飲水思源)

This post was produced by Roast Pork Sliced From A Rusty Cleaver: http://yellowcranestower.blogspot.com



Vivian Chen
Sep 14, 2011

 Actress Yang Mi's singing career is no mystery; debut album with Universal due out this year



Her name might not ring a bell yet, but mainland actress-turned-singer Yang Mi is on the rise. The starlet of horror film Mysterious Island was in town on Monday for a press conference at Harbour Grand Kowloon hotel, where she announced she was joining Universal Music.

Signing ceremony


Yang, who has lent her voice to the soundtracks of a string TV soaps that she has starred in, is determined to take her singing career more seriously.
Yang Mi, Jane Zhang

The beauty showed up wearing Chopard jewellery worth more than HK$1 million and was joined by her fellow Universal Mando-pop star Jane Zhang Liangying.
Yang Mi, Jane Zhang Liangying 

"It's not easy to be a singer and an actress at the same time, but I'll definitely try the best I can," said Yang.

Her debut studio album is set to come out this year. She's recruited some of the best names in the industry to produce her album. Canto-pop king Eason Chan Yik-shun also wrote a song for her.

"He's really my idol. So I can't imagine singing with him," she said. "Before I went into recording, Eason sent my producer a sound clip to encourage me. He's indeed a very nice guy. I really appreciated it."

The event coincided with Yang's 25th birthday. For her birthday, she wished that her album could become a hit and that she could meet someone special soon.



"I'm too busy with work and have no time for a relationship. But I do like guys that are responsible and whom I could communicate with."


(SCMP) (Sina), 2, 3

No comments: