Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SCMP: Starlet Charlene Choi admits she just freaks out when it comes to filming scenes at heights [Roast Pork Sliced From A Rusty Cleaver] (飲水思源)

This post was produced by Roast Pork Sliced From A Rusty Cleaver: http://yellowcranestower.blogspot.com


You might think that after starring in almost 40 films, Charlene Choi Cheuk-yin would take on any challenges like a pro, but even the veteran starlet shivers over heights.

Choi, promoting her new film The Sorcerer and the White Snake at Tsuen Wan Plaza on Sunday talked about her fear of heights during filming. She was joined by filmmaker Tony Ching Siu-tung, co-stars Raymond Lam Fung and Eva Huang Shengyi.

"I was so scared when I had to be lifted high up in the sky to film one action scene," Choi said. "The wires and equipment were flown in from the US - even Jet [Li] used them. I know they should be very safe but still, I was so scared."

While filming, she held on tightly to co-star mainland actor Wen Zhang, who while also scared of heights looked calm in comparison. "He told me he had to man up because I was like, freaking out up there," Choi said.

Despite her fear of heights, the petite beauty made an exception for a pair of towering red-soled high heels she wore at the event.

Just back from promoting the movie at the Venice Film Festival, Choi congratulated Deanie Ip Tak-han, the newly-crowned best actress at the festival for her role in Ann Hui On-wah's A Simple Life.

"I didn't know her until before we went to Venice. We were both choosing the jewellery to wear on the red carpet and Deanie helped me pick my ruby earrings," Choi said. "She was so nice and friendly. She also came out to support us at Venice. I'm really happy for her win."

The Sorcerer and the White Snake is due to open on September 29. (SCMP)

2 comments:

Walter said...

I think most of us develop some fear of heights, unless we are accustomed to it (via daily jobs, etc...). I know when I was a kid growing up, I'd fearlessly climb trees way up. Now when I'm on some high places (like the dragon gate in Kunming), I hold on for dear life!

dleedlee said...

Especially so, if you're only on a wire! :D