Friday, October 28, 2011

The Lady - Rome Film Festival [Roast Pork Sliced From A Rusty Cleaver] (飲水思源)

This post was produced by Roast Pork Sliced From A Rusty Cleaver: http://yellowcranestower.blogspot.com

(Oct.27) Michelle Yeoh, Jean Todt, Luc Besson attending the 6th Rome Film Festival for the premiere of "The Lady". [Does Michelle Yeoh look like she's had cosmetic surgery? The recent pictures of her look different. I didn't even recognize her when I first saw the photos from Busan]

Michelle Yeoh, Jean Todt

David Thewlis, Michelle Yeoh, Luc Besson, Virginie Besson-Silla





 Luc Besson, Virginie Besson-Silla

Photocall (Zimbio)

Busan International Film Festival



(Sina)

4 comments:

YTSL said...

Don't think Michelle Yeoh has had plastic surgery. My own take is that she looked on the gaunt side at Busan and has subsequently fleshed up. Makes sense in light of tales of her having had to lose lots of weight for "The Lady".

Also, different applications of make-up can make one look different. Just my two cents though, of course! :)

dleedlee said...

Maybe it's the hair, I actually thought her face looked fuller in Busan, and a little more "normal" in Rome, yet still different somehow.

When I originally saw the Busan photos I thought it was Rosemary Vandenbroucke (no, not the Burning Man mug shot Rosemary)!

You probably right, but since the thought did pass my mind I'm asking for a reality check. :D

ewaffle said...

Given Michelle Yeoh recent schedule--Busan, Toronto, Rome, Doha, probably a few other cities--it may be that the constant jetlag, bad air in airplanes, insane scheduling at events and having to answer the same questions a few hundred times about a film that no one seems to like very much have simply taken their toll.

I don't think that schedule would allow for more than a botox touch-up--it takes weeks after a facelift before the swelling and bruising goes away and months before the person looks "normal" again. If she ever does, of course.

It may simply be the Michelle Yeoh, at 49, isn't able to snap back as quickly as in past years, anathema though that is to her fanboys, one of which I have been for years.

dleedlee said...

Michelle Yeoh surprised me because she looked younger and "fresher" than I expected, in both the Busan and Rome photos, which made me think something was different. If any work was done, I'm positing that it occurred before these photos.

Of course, I may be projecting my own decrepitude on her.