Saturday, February 6, 2010

2.6.2010 - News


US poster

Jackie Chan is in Beijing to promote Little Big Soldier but does not neglect his charity activities. Here, he is attending a Save the Tiger activity. (Sina)

A trailer for Chinese filmmaker Wang Quan'an's family drama, "Apart Together" was released Thursday, a week before it opens this year's Berlin International Film Festival.

"The Conceited General" (1956)
As the first president of the Shanghai Animation Film Studio, Te insisted on innovation and introduced new techniques such as incorporating traditional paper-cutting and paper-folding in animated films. While he was in charge of the work, the Shanghai Animation Film Studio produced many other animated films such as "Uproar in Heaven" and "NeZha Riots the Seas."

Karen Mok (Sina)


Jane Zhang Liangying

Li Yuchun

CRI: Singers Honored at Annual Beijing Pop Music Awards


Ho Chao-Feng (Stanley Ho's daughter), Anita Yuen
Anita Yuen, one of the invited guests (Aaron Kwok, Sylvia Chang, Gigi Leung among them), missed the wedding of Angelica Lee and Oxide Pang because she was in Macau doing a promotion and forgot the date. Deeply embarrassed, Anita sent a text to Angelica and offered to treat the couple to dinner.  (Sina)
Pink wedding for Lee Sin Jie


Aaron Kwok

Gigi Leung
Gigi Leung, Valen Hsu and Charlie Yeung paid to bring all the guests to Malaysia as their wedding gift to the couple.  (Xinhua)

Papa(razzi) deterrent for Chow Yun-fat
"I love kids, and I would love to have a child of my own," says Fat Gor (brother Fat), as the actor is fondly known in the Chinese entertainment industry. "But I can't have a child -- not until the nosy Hong Kong paparazzi sign an agreement with me, assuring me that they will not tail my kid."
"Which is close to impossible, I think."
Triads as social networking

Danwei: Excerpt from Diamond Hill
"Diamond Hill was one of the poorest and most backward of villages in Hong Kong at a time when Hong Kong itself was poor and backward,” says Feng Chi-shun. “We moved there in 1956 when I was almost 10. I left when I was 19. Those were the formative years of my life. It’s a time that I remember well and cherish." [The excerpt is a lengthy but enjoyable read. And when you get to the end, you learn which of the four Hui brothers was a teddy boy!]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew about Te Wei. It's always a little sad to learn about somebody right when they die. But it looks like he lived and long and productive life.

I found some of his films on YouTube. Here's an excerpt from the "The Cowboy's Flute". Beautiful stuff! You can find more by searching for "Te Wei".

I'll have to look for that DVD collection of his films.

dleedlee said...

Let me check my Mainland stacks and see what I can put my hands on. There were two editions, one including Princess Iron Fan and Monkey Wreaks Havoc in Heaven. ;D

Anonymous said...

Princess Iron Fan rocks! Would love to see the Monkey King movie, too.