Monday, April 18, 2011

4.18.2011 - News

CRI: 'Detective Dee' Sweeps HK Film Awards
FBA: Gallants and Dee split HK Film Awards
Carina Lau: "It doesn't compare to Tony"
Carina arrives in Versace

Carina Lau's mother at the awards
The young grandmaster posted by Carina on her weibo

[Photos] The 30th Hong Kong Film Awards (CRI)
CF: Movie Stars Shine 30th HKFAA1-slideshow
A1: List of winners from the 30th Hong Kong Film Awards


CF: Ancient Beauty of "The Last Supper" on the Way
Lu said in his interview that "I can only tell you the actress is a new face. And she will appear at Xiangshan with the cast too. I just haven't figured out how to introduce her yet."

On the 35th HKIFF, Jia Zhangke and Jiang Wen. [Nice article and I especially like the poem at the end.]

When I was young I did not understand melancholy.
I just wanted to climb, higher and higher.
Nowadays I understand the taste of melancholy.
I want to talk about it, but I give up even before I try. 
(¬_¬)



New stills of Liu Ye and Shu Qi in a drunk scene from A Beautiful Life released




CRI:  [Special] The 1st Beijing Int'l Film Festival

CF: 'Looper' Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Shanghai
AP: After 'Inception' success, Gordon-Levitt tackles new sci-fi film set in China
(Sina-slideshow)

FBA: Sex and Zen opens strongly in HK, Taiwan

CF: "Nanjing Heroes" Eyes a Box Office of One Billion
Zhang Yimou's new epic war film "Nanjing Heroes" will finish its shooting process in June. Producer Zhang Weiping agreed to an interview with Beijing Evening News on Apr 12 to talk about his expectation of this film, saying, "'Nanjing Heroes' will at least gain one billion RMB in China."

CF:Final Poster Released for "The Lost Bladesman"
This film will open in theaters on April 26.


Two concept posters for One Wrong Step (lit. Bottomless Pit), a suspense comedy film, directed by first time director Jiang Tao.




Aaron Kwok kicks off his 2011 Reel World Concert Tour in Shanghai.



Actress Zhang Yuqi admitted Friday, she has gotten engaged to Berlinale-winning director Wang Quan'an.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a little sad to see Carina Lau finally being awarded Best Actress for her role in Detective Dee. She was good, but the role IMO barely even qualifies as a supporting role, yet alone a lead. The acknowledgment is too late I'm afraid, and comes off as a condolence prize for all her previous nominations.

And as for Aaron Kwok, I know he is infamous for his bizarre outfits, but this one really takes the cake.

dleedlee said...

You're probably right. I haven't seen Detective Dee yet, but I'm still glad to see her win. Better to be acknowledged later in life than never. Anyway, awards are mysterious things... ;D

Walter said...

I have to agree with Duriandave - Carina was good in "Detective Dee", but she seemed more like a supporting role in the movie.

I like the video on RazorTV about Zhao Wei. Singapore's one of my favorite places to visit and I'm glad she likes it too (although I can think of more places that she should take her guests to visit). :)