Saturday, April 23, 2011

4.23.2011 - News

FBA: Buddha Mountain review (8/10)
Loosely-built drama of three youngsters and a retired opera singer is deceptively impressive.

More images from Karen Mok's Route 66-Cadillac shoot
They promised me 5 Cadillacs!



Lam Suet and Cherrie Ying are currently filming in Beijing, along with Vic Chou (Apr.21)

Lam Suet helps Johnnie To at the box office on his day off with tickets for Don't Go Breaking My Heart (Apr.12)
Lam Suet and long lost brother in Beijing (Apr.10)


Huang Yi on the BIFF red carpet (Apr.23)

Retro style


Zhang Jingchu on the April cover of Orange

Zhao Wei - May cover of Cosmopolitan

Charlie Young at an appearance for Omega in Wenzhou (Apr.23)

Charlie in black and white

Poster for upcoming George Lam concert in Hong Kong

Poster for Chen Man's first solo Beijing exhibition



Sweet and Sour: Smithsonian Celebrates History of Chinese-American Food
That is a story of thousands of Chinese families in the United States.

Shanghai offers fee cuts to defuse drivers' strike at port

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Buddha Mountain DVD is on its way from YesAsia. I can't wait to see it. This will be my first time seeing Fan Bingbing in a real movie. (FYI, I don't count The Contract Lover, which I stopped watching after about 15 minutes.)

I wish I could see that Chen Man exhibit! BTW, you can download a nice 98-page PDF catalog of her work from her website. You just need to submit your name and contact info. It's not hi-res, but the image quality is pretty good.

dleedlee said...

I've been eying that DVD, too. And that review just about locked it for me. I keep loading the shopping cart up, then my finger gets twitchy and I restrain myself...for the moment :D

Thanks for the tip on the Chen Man catalog!